Mindful Medicine Rochester
Rochester Acupuncture and Mind-Body Medicine
Mindful Medicine Rochester is an innovative medical acupuncture and mind-body medicine practice in Rochester, NY that takes all aspects of your physical, emotional, and mental health into consideration.
About Dr. Olden
Dr. Olden is an Internal Medicine physician (M.D.) offering Acupuncture in Rochester NY, with specialized training in the management of symptoms. He is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). He has spent the last ten years of his career as a specialist treating patients for pain, nausea, depression, anxiety, shortness of breath, insomnia, and many other symptoms. Dr. Olden has worked with hundreds of patients to help them improve quality of life and function.
Dr. Olden has always been interested in integrating eastern approaches to care with his traditional western training. He is a registered yoga teacher and has given lectures at both the community and university level on integrating therapies such as yoga and acupuncture into traditional western medical care.
Dr. Olden decided to pursue medical acupuncture after finding it to be incredibly helpful for his own health and wellness. He completed his acupuncture training at the Helms Medical Institute (HMI). Mindful Medicine Rochester is the culmination of many years of medical training and experience and has been designed with you in mind. Dr. Olden looks forward to meeting with you and discussing how to maximize your health!
Medical Training and Experience
- MD, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2003
- Medical Acupuncture, Helms Medical Institute, 2018
- MS, Clinical Investigation, University of Rochester, 2010
- Palliative Care Fellowship, University of Rochester, 2008
- Internal Medicine Chief Medical Resident, 2006
- Internal Medicine Residency, 2003-2006
- BA, Biology, University of Rochester, 1999
- OvidDx Pain Retraining Program with Howard Schubiner MD, 2023
- Integrated Mind-Body Practices, University of Rochester, Fall 2021
- Functional Somatic Disorders: 18th Annual ISTDP Halifax Immersion, Fall 2021
- Board Certified, Palliative Medicine
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Open Sky Yoga Essential Teacher Training, 2015
- Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, 2013
About Acupuncture in Rochester New York
Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting needles at very precise acupuncture points. Sometimes heat is applied to warm the needles.
The classical Chinese explanation of acupuncture is that channels of energy run in regular patterns throughout the body and over its surface. These energy channels, called meridians, are like rivers flowing through the body to irrigate and nourish the tissues. An obstruction in the movement of these energy rivers is like a dam that backs up the flow in one part of the body and restricts it in others. The meridians can be influenced by needling the acupuncture points; the needles unblock the obstructions and reestablish the regular flow through the meridians.
Acupuncture treatments can therefore help the body's internal organs to correct imbalances in their digestion, absorption, and energy production activities, and in the circulation of their energy through the meridians. Acupuncture is a tool for maintaining a healthy balance of energy within the body and for keeping the mind and body centered.